Indian Air Force ( IAF ) Recruitment 2012 for Airman In Group ‘X’ ( Technical)
Indian Air Force invites application from Unmarried male Indian citizens (citizens of Nepal are also eligible) for selection test in August 2012 to join as Airmen in Group ‘X’ (Technical) trades. Detailed job info is given below.
Vacancy Details :
Qualification required For IAF AIRMEN Recruitment :
- Candidate should have passed Intermediate or 10+2 or Equivalent Examination with Mathematics, Physics and English with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidate should have passed a Three year Diploma course in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics or Automobile or Computer Science or Instrumentation Technology or Information Technology) with at least 50% marks in overall aggregate from a Government recognized Polytechnic Institute.
Date of Birth : Born between 01 October 1991 to 30 November1995 (both days inclusive).
Medical Standards :
MEDICAL STANDARDS :
(a) General Medical Standards for Group ‘X’ (Technical) trades are as
- (i) Height: Minimum acceptable height is 152.5 cms.
- (ii) Chest: Minimum range of expansion: 5 cm
- (iii) Weight: Proportionate to height and age.
- (iv) Corneal Surgery (PRK/LASIK) not acceptable.(v) Hearing: Candidate should have normal hearing i.e. able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately.
- (vi) Dental: Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points.
- (vii) Health: Candidate should be free from medical or surgical deformity. He should be free from all communicable diseases and skin ailments. Candidate must be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.
Note : Candidate discharged from the Indian Air Force/Indian Army/Indian Navy or dismissed from any Government Organisation for any reason earlier is NOT TO APPLY.
Salary Details :
During training, a stipend of Rs. 8,550/-pm will be paid. On completion of training, starting gross emoluments at the minimum of scale of pay including Dearness Allowance (DA), for Group ‘X’ (Technical) trades will be Rs. 20,542/- per month (approximately), which, in subsequent years, may rise up to Rs. 36,250/- per month (approximately) depending upon the rank attained. Other allowances such as Transport allowance, Composite personal maintenance allowance (CPMA), Leave Ration allowance (LRA), Family planning allowance, HRA etc. are also admissible to airmen.
SELECTION PROCEDURE :
- Written Test : Eligible candidates will be sent Admit Cards to appear for test scheduled to be held during August 2012 at the examination centres listed at Para 19. Candidates will be tested in English, Physics and Mathematics as per CBSE syllabus of AISSCE. Question papers will be objective type and bilingual (English & Hindi), except English Paper. Duration of Written Test will be 60minutes. CANDIDATES ARE TO QUALIFY IN EACH PAPER SEPARATELY. Results of the written test will be declared on the same day.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT): All candidates who pass the written test are to undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) on the same or the next day. PFT consists of a 1.6 Km run to be completed within 8 minutes. Candidates completing the PFT in less than 7 minutes 30 seconds will be awarded additional marks on a sliding scale. Candidates are advised to bring their sports shoes and shorts.
- Interview: – Candidates who have passed the written test and PFT will be interviewed. Working knowledge of English is a pre-requisite.
How To Apply :
Last date for receipt of applications at the Central Airmen Selection Boardis 23 MAY 2012 including candidates from North Eastern Region (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland & Tripura), Sikkim, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands. Application should be sent to the Post Box Address as mentioned below by ORDINARY POST ONLY.
APPLICATIONS SENT BY REGISTERED/ SPEED POST/ COURIER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
CENTRAL AIRMEN SELECTION BOARD
POST BOX No. 11807, NEW DELHI – 110 010