Union Public Service Commission is going to recruit the eligible and interested candidates for the posts of Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service.
Through the official notification the Commission has invited the aspirant to apply online against the post of Indian Statistical Service and Indian Economic Service. Complete Details for UPSC IES / ISS Exam 2022 are given below.
Indian Economic Service (IES)
Vacancies : 24
Indian Statistical Service (ISS)
Vacancies : 53
Important Dates For UPSC IES/ISS Exam 2022 : :
- Start Date for Apply Online : 06/04/2022
- Last Date for Apply Online : 26/04/2022
- Exam Date : 24/06/2022
Application Fee :
UR / OBC : Rs. 200/-
SC / ST / PH / Female : Nil
Payment Mode : Online
Age Limit :
- Minimum Age : 21 Years
- Maximum Age : 30 Years
- Age Relaxation applicable as per Rules.
Educational Qualification For Indian Economic Service (IES) :
Post-graduate Degree in Economics/ Applied Economics/ Business Economics /Econometrics from a University incorporated by of an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act Parliament.
Educational Qualification For Indian Statistical Service (ISS) :
Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics from a University incorporated by of an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act Parliament.
Written Examination For UPSC IES/ISS Exam 2022 ::
- Written exam will be conducted for 1000 marks.
- The time duration for Statistics-I, II in Indian Statistical Service will be 2 hours.
- The time duration for remaining subjects will be 3 hours.
- General English and General Studies carries 100 marks each and remaining subjects carries 200 marks for each subject.
- There will be negative marking for the wrong answers.
- The candidates who qualify in the written examination will be called for interview.
Interview/ Personality Test :
- The interview is intended to supplement the written examination for testing the general and specialized knowledge and abilities of the candidate.
- The technique of the interview is not that of a strict cross examination, but of a natural, through directed and purposive conversation, intended to reveal mental qualities of the candidate and his/her grasp of problems.
- The Board will pay special attention to assessing the intellectual curiosity, critical powers of assimilation, balance of judgement and alertness of mind, the ability for social cohesion, integrity of character, initiation and capacity of leadership.
How To Apply For UPSC IES/ISS Exam 2022 :
- Visit the official UPSC website – upsconline.nic.in
- On the homepage, click on the link that reads ‘Online Application for Various UPSC Exams”
- On the new screen, click on Part 1 Registration in front of Indian Economic Service 2022 or Indian Statistical Service 2022 (direct links are active)
- After filling in Part 1 of the Registration form, upload the documents and pay the fee.
- Once Part 1 is complete, a Registration ID will be sent, use that to login in.
- Complete Part 2 of Registration for IES 2022 and ISS 2022 and submit the form
- Download and take a printout if needed.
- Candidates can submit the application fee online, through the Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking or by Cash Challan in SBI bank. The last date to apply for the UPSC IES, ISS Exam 2022 is April 26, 2022 till 6 PM.